Data Analysts / Data Engineers
Data Science Lead
- Competitive hourly rate on offer
- Build and lead a team of Data Scientists
- 12 month contract with extensions
- Hybrid 2-3 days in office and the rest WFH
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland 4000 - Australia
- Work type: Contract
- Date Posted: 13 May, 2022
- Reference: #14482
Our client is seeking to engage a Data Science Lead who will be responsible for creating the high performing Data Science team, systems and processes to meet the significant needs from across council. You will work across the organisation to align and enable the improved capability. This is perfect role for a tech and business savvy Lead Data Scientist to make a difference by using data science to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing data challenges – create business impact and drive and build their data science capability!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an AI strategy for the next 2-3 years in strong consultation with business stakeholders
- Select and hire an initial team of 2 data scientists
- Design and deploy the process and systems required for the data science team
- Work across the organisation to understand areas of opportunity and manage a pipeline of projects
- Successfully deliver PoC’s, Pilots and full production solutions to meet business needs
- Work with leaders in the Insights team and across the organisation.
Skills and experience
- At least 5-8+ years of data science experience in businesses dealing with huge data sets, including leading end-to-end data science projects, working with business stakeholders and deploying solutions in production.
- Must have tech skills – Statistics, Python (including ML packages), Spark, Advanced SQL, Cloud experience with GCP, AWS or Azure (Azure is preferred), MLOps.
- At least 1 year of team leadership experience leading team of 2-3 data scientists and a balance of hands-on technical work and mentoring and guiding others.
- Commercial and practical experience managing senior/ exec business stakeholders, introducing best practice for data science solutions and making pragmatic decisions needed for real-world data science products.
- You will have an academic background in; Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial studies or similar
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Rely on our experience
We’ll help you find your next team member or opportunity.